Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Though you slay me"

One of my dearest friends shared this song with me this week and its so unbelievably good, I just have to share it with you.  I'm pretty sure we can all relate to the deep, moving lyrics of this song, at some point in our lives....
("Though you slay me" by Shane & Shane ft. John Piper)

.... in a lot of ways, this song sums up a lot of the last 2.5 years for me.  The beautiful part is that I know  the stripping down, the tearing away, the remoulding, is all for a greater purpose.  A purpose I rarely see or understand, but am starting to slowly lean into, because if there's one thing the last few years have taught me, its that His plans are always better than mine.  Always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Trev and Rebekah said...

i resonate with the last paragraph you wrote