Monday, January 30, 2012

Its the small stuff...

When you live away from "home" and can't get familiar foods as easily, it really is the small things that make all the difference.  For us, home cooked dinners are an incredibly comforting thing these days but really don't happen all that often.  As I've mentioned in other posts, it doesn't always pay to cook at home when our whole family can eat Thai food for $3 total.

But, nonetheless, I've really been craving good-home-cooked-meals lately and so I've been doing a bit more in the kitchen these days.

I made BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies for supper last week and we all enjoyed it so much, I'm going to make it again tonight.  This may seem funny to you, but let me just say again...

Its the small stuff that makes ALL the difference. :)

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

So thankful that you have those "small" things to bring you some comfort of home. Thinking of you guys today, and praying for more moments that make you feel at home in Thailand.

Sonja said...

I'm glad you're treating yourself to some comforts of home! We miss you...especially at life group!

Naomi said...

Just last night I started supper and thought I wish Jon and Bon were here, I wanted to share supper with someone and I miss our regular meals together. I made bacon, waffles, fresh fruit and whip cream and thought of you lots :) Glad you could enjoy some good comfort food too!

Elissa said...

Those small things are important! Thai food is so fantastic-- but having a taste of home must feel comforting. Thanks for sharing the little things of your new life in Thailand!