Monday, November 14, 2011

Meat for the masses...

Shopping for meat is a very unique experience here in Thailand. Upon first glance, I was appalled at how you purchase meat at the grocery stores here.   It just seemed so 'unhygienic' to me, laid out in the open like that.
But, I don't think Jon has any immediate plans of becoming a vegetarian (and neither do I for that matter) so I just had to 'go for it.'
So, here's to chicken... and every other kind of meat your heart desires.  Mmmm??  
Doesn't that just tantalize the taste buds? ;)

8 comments:

Edd Russell said...

Hey, but at least it is refrigerated. We buy ours from a guy who sells it beside the road. Try to get it first thing in the morning. At first Ingrid was leery, but I said the people we buy cooked meat from beside the road buy it that way.. Just cook it well. (Which is hard for someone like me who likes his meat rare.)

Sonja said...

Eeek!! Well-done for sure! We come from such a pre-packaged society-so that seems strange, indeed :)

Mel said...

WOW - interesting. Gotta tell you, I'm enjoying reading your blog. Our countries are different, but we have many of the same "first's" in experiences. We're pra.y.ing for you guys as you adjust.

Trev and Rebekah said...

:0)

Hey, Bonnie, I have a question for you. When you were in MTE how long was your internship?

I was checking to see if you would post a picture of your new nephew!

Bonnie said...

Rebekah-- Our internship was 6 months long. And I am waiting to post a picture of William until Jen gets a chance to do it first. It is her son after all :)

wildoctor said...

Hey guys. First time visiting your blog and its nice to see some pics of you. We miss ya a lot back home. Don't get sick from the meat ok. =)

Kevin Wilnechenko

Leanne said...

Thought I'd let you know that I'm thinking of and praying for you tonight. Hope you have a really good week!

Lisa said...

All I want to know is this.....was Chicken Monterrey on the menu?
LB