Monday, April 20, 2015

He's here!

We're thrilled to announce the arrival of

Gavin Kenneth Alan Esau 

February 4th, 2015 @ 1:59am.
6 lbs. 13 oz. and 19.5" long 


On the evening of Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, I saw my doctor one last time and she gave me the news I had been dreading... considering I was already 10 days overdue, I would need to arrive at the hospital at 6am the next day for induction.  I left feeling very discouraged and defeated.  I had really wanted to avoid induction.  After getting home from my appointment that night, I called the American nurse that would be assisting with the delivery and told her the news.
She prayed for me over the phone and asked that God would allow this baby to come on its own that night and that induction wouldn't be necessary.  I wrote to my family and asked them to pray for the same thing.  
And wouldn't you know it!?  I went into labour a mere hour later!!  We arrived at the hospital at midnight and by 1:59am, I was holding sweet Gavin in my arms! Such a testimony of answered prayer and the gracious love of our Father!!
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me throughout this pregnancy and offered words of encouragement and support!  We truly felt covered in prayer and are so thankful for the network of people we have around us, loving and supporting us.

1 comment:

Jen Glen said...

Time has flown and I'm sure that day seems like a distant memory already! Love you guys! Miss you tonnes!!